Beyond The Classroom - Ivy Bound Resources for Maximizing Scores
These resources are free of charge, as part of the full Ivy Bound program. Students who can take advantage of one or more are likely to score even higher.
Test Strategy Conference Calls - the Sunday and Monday night before each SAT, 9:15 Eastern.
Extra Math Help Conference Calls - Monday and Thursday nights at 9:15 Eastern. An instructor covers problems from the Ivy Bound materials or the Red Book - questions are totally welcome. Thursdays are reserved for "High Level" math.
Verbal Conference Calls - Tuesday nights, 9:15 Eastern, to hone reading comprehension skills and build vocabulary.
Vocabulary Lists and Quizzes - Our proprietary list contains definitions for every medium and high level word that has been tested in released copies of the SAT since 1994. Our quizzes reinforce this vocabulary.
PSAT Supplemental Packet - For Juniors eyeing National Merit Recognition, we provide a strategy pack, and a full-length PSAT.
Parent Seminars - "Know the SAT / Understanding College Admissions" - Students and parents are helped by proper planning. Ivy Bound instructors give monthly lectures by phone and can visit any parent group of 20 or more families who wish to learn about:
- What is tested on the current SAT / ACT & how should kids attack it?
- Where does the SAT fit into the college admissions scheme?
- Where do the SAT II tests fit in and when should we schedule these?
- Is the SAT fair? Is it "coachable"? Is it culturally biased?
- What's on the PSAT? What's the use of the PSAT?
- Diagnosing your teen's PSAT. (December and January seminars)
- What's on the NEW SAT?
- How does Early Decision affect admissions?
- What else are colleges looking for?
- The Ivy Bound course and how to get the most out of it. (optional last 10 minutes)
E-mail Explanations to SAT Red Book questions - We have composed these for our students. They arrive every week while classes meet so the student can scroll down to troublesome answers. This is the only source we know of for comprehensive explanations to full length SATs.
Writing Conference Calls - the Wednesday night before each SAT I, 9:15 Eastern
Post - Ivy Bound Word Reinforcement - quizzes that arrive by e-mail every other week, once a class has ended, to enable a student who is taking a LATER SAT to build vocabulary prowess.