Beyond The Classroom - Ivy Bound Resources for Maximizing Scores
These resources are free of charge, as part of the full Ivy Bound program. Students who can take advantage of one or more are likely to score even higher.
Test Strategy Conference Calls - the Sunday and Monday night before each ACT/SAT, 9:15 Eastern.
Extra Math Help Conference Calls - Monday and Thursday nights at 9:15 Eastern. An instructor covers problems from the Ivy Bound materials or the Red Book - questions are totally welcome. Thursdays are reserved for "High Level" math.
Verbal Conference Calls - Tuesday nights, 9:15 Eastern, to hone reading comp skills and build vocabulary.
Vocabulary Lists and Quizzes - Our proprietary list contains definitions for every medium and high level word that has been tested in released copies of the ACT/SAT since 1994. Our quizzes reinforce this vocabulary.
PACT/SAT Supplemental Packet - For Juniors eyeing National Merit Recognition, we provide a strategy pack, and a full-length PACT/SAT.
Parent Seminars - “Know the ACT/SAT / Understanding College Admissions” - Students and parents are helped by proper planning. Ivy Bound instructors give monthly lectures by phone and can visit any parent group of 15 or more families who wish to learn about:
* What is tested on the current ACT/SAT & how should kids attack it?
* Where does the ACT/SAT fit into the college admissions scheme?
* Where do the AP and SAT II tests fit in and when should we schedule these?
* Is the ACT/SAT fair? Is it “coachable”? Is it culturally biased?
* What's the use of the PSAT?
* How does Early Decision affect admissions?
* What else are colleges looking for?
* The Ivy Bound course and how to get the most out of it.
Writing and Science Reasoning Conference Calls - the two Wednesday nights before the June and December ACT/SAT, 9:15 Eastern.
Post - Ivy Bound Word Reinforcement. - quizzes that arrive by e-mail every other week, once a class has ended, to enable a student who is taking a LATER ACT/SAT to build vocabulary prowess.
- Vocab newsletter
- Sign up to receive vocabulary words every week.