Beyond the Classroom - Resources for Maximizing PSAT Scores
These resources are offered free of charge, as part of the full Ivy Bound program. Students who can take advantage of one or more are likely to score even higher.
Test Strategy Conference Calls - the night before the PSAT, 9:15 Eastern.
Extra Math Help Conference Calls - Thursday nights at 9:15 Eastern. An instructor covers problems from the Ivy Bound materials or the Official SAT Study Guide - questions are totally welcome. Thursdays are reserved for "High Level" math.
Verbal Conference Calls - Tuesday nights, 9:15 Eastern, to hone reading comp skills and build vocabulary.
Vocabulary Lists and Quizzes - Our proprietary list contains definitions for every medium and high level word that has been tested in released copies of the SAT since 1994. Our quizzes reinforce this vocabulary.
PSAT Supplemental Packet - For Juniors eyeing National Merit Recognition, we provide four full-length PSATs.
Parent Seminars - "Know the SAT / Understanding College Admissions" - Students and parents are helped by proper planning. Ivy Bound instructors give lectures by phone every month, and can visit any parent group of 15 or more families who wish to learn about:
- What is tested on the current PSAT & how should kids attack it?
- Where does the PSAT fit into the college admissions scheme?
- Where do the SAT Subject Tests fit in and when should we schedule these?
- Is the PSAT fair? Is it "coachable"? Is it culturally biased?
- How does the PSAT compare to the SAT?
- What's the use of the PSAT?
- How does Early Decision affect admissions?
- What are colleges looking for beyond grades and test scores?
- The Ivy Bound course and how to get the most out of it.
E-mail Explanations to Official SAT Study Guide math questions - We have composed these for our students, who can scroll down to troublesome answers.
Writing Conference Calls - the Wednesday night before the June and December SAT, 9:15 Eastern. We recommend SAT Writing Prep for students who are targeting competitive colleges but did not show strong aptitude on the PSAT Writing section.