- Primary Location:
- San Diego, CA
- Summer Location:
- San Diego, CA
- Ivy Bound Tutor Since:
- Bloomsburg University
- Grad School:
- Bucknell University
Programs I specialize in:
- Academic Camps
- Academic Tutoring: College
- Academic Tutoring: K-12
- AP/SAT Math Level 1 & 2
- Study Skills
- 15+ years’ experience: extensive math, SAT, and ACT one-on-one preparatory work with high school students;
- 3 years: The Golf Academy of America, adjunct professor (Microcomputer Applications);
- 3 years: Palm Beach Community College, adjunct professor (Mathematics);
- Developer of “College Algebra” and “Business Mathematics” curriculum for local San Diego college (2012); mathematics problem and solution provider for national online university (2014).
- Extensive experience in corporate training and development, instruction in Microsoft Office products and website development and support;
- Published (2009): The SAT Mathematics Solution Guide©, an 80-page book that provides comprehensive explanations for all of the math problems from the 8 sample tests published in The Official SAT Study Guide™ by the College Board (1st Edition) and supplements for the additional 3 tests (2nd Edition). The book is available personally through Kevin and through Amazon and as an iPhone/iPad app, on Kindle, and as an eBook. Examples are available on www.kevinrweaver.com web site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics Education
- Graduate Studies, Ph.D. Program, Educational Research
Four years teaching experience at the high school level mathematics (Connecticut); five years teaching experience at the college level (mathematics and computer science) (Connecticut, Florida and California).
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Former competitive equestrian (jumper circuit) & former polo player. Have produced fitness shows for ESPN & numerous fitness videos/DVDs.
…just wanted to say a BIG thank you for all your help and patience!! You are such a brilliant SAT tutor – you gave me the confidence that I was lacking, and you helped me improve my score by miles! … I’ve chosen to matriculate at Yale. I fell in love with the campus and the vibrancy of the students and professors; I can’t wait to start.” (2014 Student)
“740 CR, 760 math, 750 WR…” (2014 Student)
“I’m so happy with the result – a 790 [SAT Math Subject Test, Level 2] … I know that your advice and our working together helped me tremendously and I cannot tell you how happy I am with this score.” (2011 student)
“Kevin is amazing for Justin. Justin is improving by leaps and bounds. I love the way he’s doing the vocab. Kevin’s technique is really excellent from the words.” (parent of 2008)
“ …let me take this opportunity to once again tell you how terrific Kevin is — He can really get Sarah to relate and react to him – which is a rare and special ability in any teacher.” Amy (parent of 2008)