- Primary Location:
- Stamford, CT
- Summer Location:
- Stamford, CT
- Ivy Bound Tutor Since:
- Boston University School of Fine and Applied Arts
Programs I specialize in:
- Academic Camps
- Academic Tutoring: K-12
- Study Skills
After years as an actor, radio host/producer/writer and arts administrator, I have decided to share my accumulated knowledge and experience with young people preparing for advanced education and careers.
My teaching experience began as a director of Oddfellows Playhouse Summer Shakespeare Academy in Middletown. I had been analyzing Shakespeare’s plays as an actor for years, and found that I enjoyed sharing that rich legacy with high school students. That is also when I started to work with Ivy Bound / Rising Stars. My professional experience with dramatic literature, and my love of books, helps not only to teach students how to dig into and solve the Critical Reading questions on the SAT’s, but also to instill a love of reading and learning as lifelong activities. I have also taught at the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts and in a graduate program at Wesleyan University.
My experience as an editor and writer for the New York Philharmonic, the 92nd Street Y, the Shubert Theater, New Haven and other not-for-profit arts organizations, provides solid grounding for my teaching in Essay Writing. My radio career with WQXR, NY, and WSHU, Fairfield, also involved extensive writing experience, as well as important insight into how to remain calm under intense pressure.
I believe in the Life of the Mind, and I know that the best colleges are looking for students who subscribe to that way of life, as well. Because of my dedication to a lifetime of broadening my own horizons, I am knowledgeable in an array of subjects. I deeply enjoy sharing that knowledge with students, and sharing with young people the profound joy of learning.
- Tutoring in the Critical Reading and Writing portions of the SAT and ACT.
- Tutoring for Literature and United States History SAT II tests.
- Working with students to develop and edit their college and graduate school essays.
- Tutoring high school and college, English, Literature, Writing.
- Helping Theater Department applicants prepare their auditions.
MY CREDENTIALS INCLUDE
- Professional Actor
- Teacher at the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts
- Director, Oddfellows Summer Shakespeare Academy
- Instructor, Graduate Liberal Studies Program, Wesleyan University
- Editor of the New York Philharmonic Lincoln Center program, as well as the Orchestra’s newsletter, and author of numerous articles and press releases for the Philharmonic
- Former editor and writer for other arts organizations, including the 92nd Street Y and Shubert Theater, New Haven
- Writer/producer/host of “Saturday Buffet” on WSHU, Fairfield and music host for WQXR, NY, America’s largest classical music radio station
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Boston University School of the Arts; Apprenticeship, New Jersey Shakespeare Festival