I received a 2350 on my SATs and graduated from Columbia in May 2011 with a 3.96 GPA and many honors.
I also have always loved to help others achieve academic success: I peer tutored most of the students in my grade throughout high school, and most recently I’ve been working as a test prep instructor. My students tend to appreciate my mixture of fun, enthusiastic energy with empathy and a true desire to help them learn and improve their test scores.
When I’m not teaching/tutoring, I am pursuing a career as a professional actress/singer/dancer!
TEST PREP EXPERIENCE (Summer 2010-Present)
- SAT I Score: 2350 (800 on Reading, 750 on Math, 800 on Writing)
- SAT II Scores: Chemistry = 770, Spanish Grammar = 800, Math IC = 730
- AP Exam Scores: Latin (Virgil) = 5; US History = 5, Spanish Grammar= 5;
BC Calculus=5, Physics B= 4.
- Successfully have taught/tutored numerous students for the SAT, SHSAT and GRE through Kaplan, KAA Prep, Bee Tutored, AccuTutor, Competitive Edge Tutoring, and Ivy Bound Tutoring, as well as privately.
- Helped numerous former students edit and work on their college essays
- Ivy Bound instructor since December 2011
Columbia University, Class of 2011
New York City, NY
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Comparative Literature
- GPA: 3.96; Dean’s List every semester
- Awards and Involvements:
- Graduated with English Departmental Honors and Magna Cum Laude college honors
- Inducted in the Phi Beta Kappa Society
Friends Seminary, Sept 2003-June 2007
New York, NY
- Top student in grade (school does not give out class rank or awards)
- National Merit Finalist; Winner Robert C. Byrd Scholarship
- Elizabeth K. (New York, NY) Tutored her for the GRE math and essay writing sections.
- Becky D. (Philadelphia, PA) Tutored daughter Jessica for the SATs, through Ivy Bound tutoring.
- Susan A. (New York, NY) Tutored daughter Natalie for the SATs and SAT IIs in Literature and Math.
- Barbara S. (New York, NY) Tutored daughter Sara Meltzer for the SATs, through Bee Tutored.