Yale University, (1979-1983)
New Haven, CT
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics/Electrical Engineering
Computer Learning Center, (1986-1987)
Los Angeles, CA
- Diploma: Computer Systems and Programming
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - ACADEMIC:
CYP Tutorial Services (Sole Proprietor) April 2003 – Present
West Angeles Church–Education & Enrichment Ministry (Independent Contractor) September 2005 – Present
Los Angeles, CA
- Academic Coach/Math Instructor
- Tutor, mentor and coach students in Math Fundamentals, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I & II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus and Statistics
- Specialize in tutoring students from grade levels 5 – 12 and preparing students for the math portion of standardized tests, e.g. SAT Reasoning, SAT Subject Tests, ISEE, and the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam)
- CYP Tutorial Services (Sole Proprietor) – Los Angeles, CA - April 2003 – Present
- West Angeles Church–Education & Enrichment Ministry (Independent Contractor) – Los Angeles, CA – September 2005 – Present)
Los Angeles Unified School District, February 2007 – April 2008
Los Angeles, CA
- Guest Instructor (Substitute Teacher)
- Taught mathematics at various middle and high schools in the city of Los Angeles (grades 7-12)
- Executed lesson plans or created lessons to give the students continuity of instruction.
- Managed classrooms effectively. Primarily taught at the following schools: Hamilton HS, Palms MS, Daniel Webster MS, and Westchester HS.
College Bound of Greater Los Angeles, June 2003 – October 2004
- Mathematics Instructor
- Independently contracted to teach Algebra 1 to 9th grade students in the Saturday School program
- Advised students and parents on what courses to take in preparation for college.
Ivy West Educational Services, June 2003 – October 2004
Marina del Rey, CA
- Test Prep Instructor
- Prepare students for SAT Reasoning in intensive one-on-one sessions by teaching test taking strategies with expertise in the following math topics: Algebra I, Geometry, Statistics and Math Fundamentals
Ivy Bound Test Prep, July 2006 – Present
New Britain, CT
- Academic tutoring, primarily in math.
- SAT/ACT Math, Reading, Grammar, and Essay Writing.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE - NON - ACADEMIC:
Warner Music Group, August 1999- April 2003
- UNIX Administrator
- Installed and maintained UNIX operating systems and applications
- Diagnosed and resolved system and application problems
- Applications supported include: Oracle Financials, web traffic analysis, site content management
- In addition to daily administrative tasks, assisted the Director of UNIX technical services with analyzing and resolving user issues.
Computer Science Corporation- Healthcare, 1996 –1999
- UNIX/Database Administrator
- Beyond the UNIX administrative tasks, met and exceeded uptime requirements for servers by monitoring system performance and planning
- Managed team of administrators and operators for major system upgrades
- Developed, coordinated and executed the disaster recovery plans for L.A. Care Health Plan (client).
Novadyne Computer Systems, 1988-1996
Santa Ana, CA
- Software Support Manager
- Managed staff of 5-7 persons that handled the distribution of software updates
- In my previous position as software support analyst, installed database systems, trained and provided on-going technical support to customers
Hughes Aircraft – Ground Systems Group, 1981-1987
- Electrical Engineer –Member of Technical Staff
- Designed programs to test operability of Navy system radars