I will be graduating from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities this spring with a major in Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development and a minor in Psychology and have been accepted to medical schools across the country in their class of 2017. I enjoy all areas of science and medicine, and have worked as a volunteer at numerous hospitals and clinics. I have held internships in biological and clinical research and have worked as a tutor for the past eight years. I enjoy teaching nearly every subject to students of all ages, including test prep and pre-medical advice.
Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, Class of 2017
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Class of 2013
- Major: Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development B.S.
- Minor: Psychology
- Experience and Involvement:
- University of Minnesota Honors Program: 2009-present
- Private tutor for Ivy Bound College Prep: 2010-present
- Private tutor for College Nannies and Tutors: 2010-present
- Private tutor in the Minneapolis area: 2008-present
- Along with my tutoring experience, I am an assistant researcher in the Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota, performing biological research on transgenic mice. My passions for education and research helped me achieve an Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) award for my work with myelomonocytic leukemia in mice.
ACTIVITIES / HOBBIES
- My interests outside of school include singing, acting, and yoga. I love going to the movies, shopping, and socializing!