Mr. Greenstein has taught test prep since 1987 and has been a speaker on college admissions, vouchers, choice in schools, and education reform. He is the publisher of the Rising Stars’ Heart of Darkness, an annotated version of Conrad’s novel, designed for SAT Prep. He has taught LSAT prep to over 1000 students, and SAT prep to over 800. Ivy Bound’s SAT and ACT Prep courses have helped over 4000 students raise their scores, enhancing their college admissions and scholarships. He is especially passionate about discussing testing and admissions issues, like:
* Is the SAT fair, is it coachable, is it culturally biased?
* Don't grades count anymore?
* Where does the SAT fit into the college admissions scheme?
* What else are colleges looking for?
* What should students be looking for in a college?
* Are Elite colleges really worthwhile?
* How can parents help prepare their kids for college?
Ivy Bound holds SAT Prep classes throughout the Northeast. Ivy Bound instructors are primarily college and grad students who have all scored among the top 2% on the SAT and have a zeal for teaching. Ivy Bound is often invited to hold classes in schools that have been underserved by some of the larger test prep organizations.
The Loomis Chaffee School, Class of 1982
Dartmouth College, B.A. Class of 1986
Univ. of California Berkeley (Boalt Hall) Law School, J.D. Class of 1992
- Founder and Lead Instructor, Ivy Bound SAT Prep
- Founder and Curriculum Overseer, Rising Stars Academic Tutoring
- Franchise Director (metro New York), College Nannies & Tutors Inc.
- Co-Founder (with Brooke Collins), Bravissimo Music
- Co-Founder – Talent Locker – matching athletes with college recruiters.
- Taught for Kaplan, TestMasters, privately, and for the West Hartford (CT) public schools prior to founding Ivy Bound / Rising Stars in 2000