With a strong record of success and more than 10 years of teaching experience in the test prep field, I have the skills and background to prepare your student for his or her test. I have been tutoring with IvyBound since my freshman year at Harvard in 2001. A Harvard graduate and former Fulbright Fellow, I am currently working towards a PhD in History. I have recently completed research projects at the Harvard-Yenching Institute and the Harvard Center for Middle Eastern Studies.
Ivy Bound Test Prep
- Individualized tutoring and preparation for SAT, SAT Subject Tests, ACT, APs, SSAT, GMAT and GRE.
Independent Education Consultant (2006-present)
- SAT, GRE and GMAT prep. Targeted English and essay writing coaching for native and non-native speakers of English. Targeted math prep and math skill building for non-math specialists. Admissions essay editing and application consulting.
History Department, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Teaching Apprentice (2007-2008)
- Teaching assistant to two undergraduate courses: Prof. Konrad Jarausch’s “Twentieth-Century Europe” and Prof. Karen Hagemann’s “Women and Gender in European History, 1750-Present.”
University of North Carolina
- PhD in History in progress (2007-present; currently on leave)
- field areas: Modern Europe and Women & Gender
- Supervisor: Prof. Karen Hagemann
- Dissertation research on human trafficking along borders of the German Empire, 1871-1914
Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
- Fellow at the Center for Transdisciplinary Gender Studies (2005-2006)
- B.A.in Social Studies and Studies of Women’s Studies, 2005 cum laude, high honors in field. summa (highest honors) grade for senior thesis.
- Fulbright Fellowship
- Pforzheimer Fellowship
- Jane C. Grant Prize
- Harvard College Scholarship
- Dean’s Summer Research Award.
- Harvard Women’s Studies Research Grant
- Harvard College Research Program Grants