In his eleven years as a tutor and teacher at the high school and college level, Peter has amassed a wealth of effective educational strategies. In his SAT prep sessions Peter has an up-tempo and engaging approach that drives his students to accomplish their goals.
University of Houston, Class of 2010
- Master’s Degree: Latin American and U.S. History
- GPA: 3.9
- Awards and Involvements:
- Gained accolades for his master’s thesis.
- Research for the thesis was conducted in Houston, Boston and Buenos Aires, Argentina and dealt with the Alliance for Progress and its cultural ramifications.
University of Houston
IvyBound Test Prep
- Individualized tutoring and preparation for the SAT and ACT
- Peter has helped improve the scores of many Ivy Bound students.
Teaching Assistant (2008)
History Department, University of Houston
- Teaching assistant to an undergraduate course, “The United States Since 1877.”
Independent Education Consultant (2001-present)
- Currently tutors and has taught Algebra to Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, English, Spanish (all levels), History, SAT, ACT, and the GRE.
- As he teaches a wide range of subjects, Peter is able to build on the many insights and perspectives of his students.
ACTIVITIES / HOBBIES
- Fluent in Spanish and has completed advanced course work in math and science.
- Accomplished saxophonist and working musician. Performs in a variety of groups, composes music, and has performed on both coasts.
Comments from students
" Thanks for the help with Pre-Calculus. Brian got a B for the semester, which was way above our original expectations.
Mimi, Bellaire HS Parent
-Steve, Stratford HS Parent-
" We were really pleased with the score increases after the SAT Prep Course."
-Terry, Taft Preparatory Parent-
" Thanks to you Jason made an A on his Chemistry Final and brought his average up to a B."
-Mimi, Bellaire HS Parent-