Ivy Bound SAT Classes and Private Tutoring
Classes Available ($1150, $1350 if registering 10 or fewer days before the class start):
- September 11 to October 30, Saturdays 3:00 – 6:30pm EST
- September 12 to October 31, Sundays 11:00am – 2:30pm EST
- September 17 to October 31, Friday 6:00 – 7:30pm & Sundays 6:00 – 8:15pm EST
- October 3 to November 28, Sunday 11:00am – 2:00pm EST
- October 9 to November 27, Saturdays 3:00pm – 6:30pm EST
- October 15 to December 3, Friday 6:00 – 7:30pm & Sundays 6:00 – 8:15pm EST
- January 16 to March 6, Sundays 2:00 – 5:30pm EST (2022)
- February 6 to March 11, Friday 6:00 – 8:15pm & Sunday 11:00am – 2:30pm EST (2022)
- March 6 to May 1, Sunday 10:00am – 1:30pm EST, except April 17 (2022)
- April 2 to May 28, Saturdays 3:00pm – 6:30pm EST (2022)
- April 15 to June 3, Fridays 6:00 – 7:30pm & Sundays 6:00 – 8:15pm EST (2022)
Ivy Bound’s prep courses are a mixture of lectures, problem solving, and skill-testing. In addition to the class, we hold full-length SAT practice tests, complete with time limits, on weekends. We also offer twice-a-week “Zoom Reviews” in which students can work on specific academic skills related to an area of interest or to a desired score increase. They can come to the session with prepared questions that will be answered by one of Ivy Bound’s expert tutors. The SAT practice tests and Online classroom reviews via Zoom are free of charge for all class clients.
SAT Materials, Licensing, and Enlistment.
The bulk of the ML&E covers intellectual property. Ivy Bound does not sell its SAT materials to anyone but its clients. The problem sets and the strategies therein are unique and highly helpful for students.
The other components are:
Online Practice Tests – these are held 2 or more weekend times each month.
Practice Test reviews – Online conferences each Sunday night following a Practice Test.
Video-based SAT Test Prep Reviews – 50 minute sessions 2x a week with premium tutors who explain home study questions and content review.
This product, ML&E, is strongly encouraged. Ivy Bound’s experienced tutors are versed in the strategies herein and in many of the practice problems. It plays to the tutors’ strengths. Also, the Zoom reviews are a component of the Guarantee Agreement.
Ivy Bound Private Tutoring
Private tutoring is Ivy Bound’s most requested service. Students in the United States appreciate the value of private tutoring because it offers four key benefits to your learning:
1) a tutor can meet you on a flexible schedule
2) session length and subject matter are also flexible, 1-2 hours is standard, but we work with your needs to achieve maximum content review from teacher-led instruction in a limited time.
3) individual tutors can tailor their private instruction to your abilities, interests and subject matter needs
4) a tutor can work with your individual student at a pace that’s right for you.
In addition to the confidentiality, private tutoring allows each student to learn in his or her own style, with test-taking strategies that maximize results. The tutor is there to lead them along their path to academic greatness. Try one of our private tutors today and see results in the classroom and on exams!
Ivy Bound Follow-on Tutoring (class fee + tutoring charges + $150)
Many students opt for “follow-on” tutoring. They pay a $50 fee and can then add time with their class teacher or another exceptional tutor. These sessions are paid for in advance – you can choose the number of hours, and add more if desired.
Our SAT tutors are excellent test takers with high levels of knowledge of what is expected on the SAT test. Our effective SAT tutors have teaching experience that can help you learn the material on the test and develop the proper strategies for learning how to answer correctly. Tutoring sessions are generally split between building English and math foundations, learning test-taking skills, and practicing time management techniques. There is lots of material to cover. However, our tutors are sharp guides who know what SAT skills to pinpoint and what skills specific students should practice.
Working with a tutor one-on-one implies individual attention to your progress. Ivy Bound offers teachers with experience tutoring, who work masterfully with students to guide them toward score improvements. They are able to identify their testing weaknesses and apply strategies and skills to shore them up. Ivy Bound’s SAT tutors at all levels make use of our material instruction and problem-solving. When you work in a one-on-one tutoring session with any of Ivy Bound’s expert tutors, you will gain confidence, hone the right skills to be successful, and ultimately, see score improvements and get into that dream college! And that is our goal with our SAT prep course – to turn a motivated high school student into a thriving college student!
Ivy Bound Classes
Do you work better with a class agenda? Would you prefer a set time every week for an additional class? Then try out an Ivy Bound class! Our classes meet on different schedules, but choosing one that works for you is very simple. Classes meet with a teacher and complete a full agenda to help you with whatever subject you need.
Ivy Bound’s online instruction is advantageous for three types of students:
1) any student who wants the best possible tutoring services and results for a lower price
2) anyone who is more comfortable with dynamic group work