- Primary Location:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Summer Location:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Ivy Bound Tutor Since:
- University of Pennsylvania
- Grad School:
- University of Pennsylvania - Wharton School
Programs I specialize in:
- Academic Camps
- Academic Tutoring: College
- Academic Tutoring: K-12
- AP/SAT Biology
- AP/SAT Chemistry
- AP/SAT Math Level 1 & 2
- AP/SAT Physics
- Speed Reading
- Study Skills
With more than a decade of experience in standardized test preparation and academic tutoring, I have not only built expertise in an assortment of tests and subjects, but also honed my teaching skills to adapt to the unique learning styles of each individual student.
My objective as an educator is to utilize my extensive academic training, understanding and mastery of various learning styles, meticulous nature, smile-inducing positivity, and vast experience to assist and support students in reaching their full potential and highest possible level of achievement.
My ability to address different learning styles and my expertise in explaining several strategies of attack for the same concept, coupled with my contagious enthusiasm for education and problem solving, make me an ideal tutor. I look forward to helping you succeed.
University of Pennsylvania, Class of 2008
- Jerome Fisher Management & Technology Program (Dual Degree)
- School of Engineering and Applied Science: Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Major: Materials Science and Engineering; Research Focus on Fuel Cell Technology
- Wharton School: Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Concentrations: Management (Focus on Entrepreneurialism), Marketing
- College of Arts and Sciences:
- Minor: Mathematics
General Areas of Expertise
- Standardized Test Preparation
- Math (through Calculus)
- Science (esp. Physics & Chemistry)
- Writing (esp. Grammar and Writing Mechanics)
Standardized Test Expertise
- SAT (and PSAT)
- SAT Subject Tests (Math l & ll, Physics, Chemistry)
High School Exams
- Regents Exams (NY State)
- Advance Placement (AP)
High School Entrance Exams
Other Areas of Expertise:
- Grammar and writing skills (including college essay coaching & editing), note-‐taking skills, organizational skills, general study skills
- Public speaking and Presentation skills coach
Special Needs Expertise
- Extensive experience working with students with ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, executive function
disorder, and other learning differences and disabilities; trained by an agency dedicated to
assisting such students
- SAT students have raised their combined scores by as much as 500 points
- Helped multiple students achieve over 700 (out of 800) on the GMAT
- Assisted many students in transforming failing grades into A’s and B’s in a single marking
- SAT: Math 800, Verbal 790
- SAT Subject Tests: multiple scores over 700 (Math IIC, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, & Writing)
ACTIVITIES / HOBBIES
Active participant and Board Member of PennNYC, the alumni association for all alumni of the University of Pennsylvania in the New York metro area.
- Member of PennNYC Community Service Committee.
- Point person for Meals on Heels volunteer activity.
- Chairperson of Penntertainment NYC, an organization for Penn alumni in the entertainment industry.
Professional Actor, Producer, Writer, Director, Photographer, Videographer, and Script Doctor.
President & Artistic Director of Intimation Productions.
International volunteer trip leader & organizer. Participant in international volunteer trips with Dream Volunteers and the Young Dreamer Network.
Singer, djembe player, songwriter. Sports: ping pong, tennis, skiing, soccer, baseball, and more.